18th IATEFL Slovenia Conference in Topolšica (Slovenia)
10/03/2011 - 13/03/2011
- Leni Dam (LA SIG) - Setting the Scene – or – Food for Thought: Constraints encountered in language teaching and learning
- Judy Coppage (Longman) - Different, disabled, gifted? Learning styles and language disabilities in the EFL classroom
- Tim Herdon (OUP) - Demystifying CLIL: A practical approach
- Lindsay Clandfield (Macmillan) - Giving the world a voice
- Eamonn Shanahan (CUP) - Blended learning - innovation in English language teaching from Cambridge
- Marie Delaney (Pilgrims) - Why do some children seem unreachable and unteachable? Why do our best behaviour
- Leni Dam (LA SIG) - Learning for life – getting learners actively involved in their learning
Workshops will cover following subjects:
- Language learning through song, rhythm, movement and drama
- Critical thinking in action
- The magic of creative thinking
- Let's spice things up: things to do with/to advertisements
- Practicing speaking skills with videokaraoke
- The gifted and talented in the English classroom
- Learner autonomy takes off in Slovenia - or does it?
- NLP - Now let's play!
- How about reading a book for a change?
The conference will be held in Topolšica (Slovenia)