15th Biennial of the International Study Association on Teachers and Teaching in Braga (Portugal)
The aims of ISATT include promoting, presenting, discussing and disseminating research on teachers and teaching as well as contributing to theory building and knowledge creation to enhance the quality of education.
School and universities, teachers and teacher educators are facing a variety of challenges in a rapidly changing world. While the future should not be imprisoned in the past, the past potentially provides valuable lessons for constructing the future. The theme of the 15th Biennial ISATT conference, Back to the Future: Legacies, Continuities and Changes in Educational Policy, Practice and Research, focuses attention on a set of concerns that apply to efforts worldwide to meet such challenges through research which contribute to the improvement of the quality of teaching and learning at all levels of education.
- Professor Linda Darling-Hammond, Stanford University, USA - Teaching and Leading for the 21st Century
- Professor Geert Kelchtermans, Leuven University, Belgium - Living the Janus-head: leaders and leadership in schools
- Professor António Nóvoa, University of Lisbon, Portugal - Teachers: How long until the Future?
- Professor João Formosinho, University of Minho, Portugal, Professor Christopher Day, University of Nottingham, UK and Dr Ciaran Sugrue, University of Cambridge, UK - Teachers' Work and Lives: Research Perspectives and Future Directions
- Professor Flávia Vieira, University of Minho, Portugal - The scholarship of pedagogy in adverse settings: lessons from experience