11th National Rate Conference - IATEFL in Iasi (Romania)
Inspired by the opportunities provided by globalisation, and in the European Year for Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion, the conference of the Romanian Association of Teachers of English (RATE) aimed to:
- Create a lively and relevant forum for reviewing and assessing teaching resources for TEFL;
- Present valuable and useful information on resources already available in Romania and the region;
- Suggest alternative teaching resources for colleagues to use, as well as ideas on creating resources of their own.
The main strands of the conference were :
- course books and auxiliary materials in English Language Teaching;
- self-study in EFL;
- creating teaching aids and materials in TEFL;
- using books, the internet, television and other multimedia resources in EFL.
This helped teachers to see how students may be seen as their richest resource and how to explore such an approach more fully.