The REAL network is an umbrella organisation whose objective is to represent and bring together associations of language teachers from across Europe.
Its primary objectives are as follows:
- The defence and the promotion of cultural diversity and of multilingualism.
- Better visibility of language teachers to national and European political agencies
- The development of pedagogic skills through exchanges and joint projects at European level;
- The development of European competence (better knowledge of the recommendations, the tools and the sources of funding available at the European level)
- The development of strategic skills between associations, in particular in order to ensure their sustainability.
Unlike the REAL2 Project which is being financed by the European Commission and managed by the public French organisation from 2009 to 2011, the Network is a fully independent organisation registered as an international not-for-profit organisation under Belgian law.
To find out how to become member, click here.
Please address all mail correspondence to:
Réseau européen des associations de professeurs de langues (REAL)
c/o Association for Language Learning
Association for Language Learning (ALL)
University of Leicester
(Registered office: Réseau européen des associations de professeurs de langues AISBL, Boulevard Bischoffsheim 36, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium)